Birth Day!



Jacob Alfred and Mia Natalie were born on Father's Day, June 18 at 4:22 a.m. and 4:24 a.m. via c-section at 34 weeks and 2 days gestation. The end of the pregnancy was quite difficult for me as I developed pregnancy induced hypertension. I had spells of headaches, vomiting, and was completely bloated. It was finally decided to bring these kiddos into the world when I developed pulmonary edema (water in the lungs). I had been given two shots of steroids to help speed up their lung development as this is the last organ to develop in babies. It worked as they only needed help breathing for a few hours. After that they have been able to breath on their own!
Thank god Jimmy was back in the USA as the orignal fly date was June 24th!
These are pictures from when they were just hours old.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home