More Pics from the Holidays
Here are more pictures from Christmas Vacation, but I've decided that it wasn't a vacation for me, as my job is now a domestic engineer. It is been a weird feeling because the last two years when I was working, the breaks from work were vacations even though we had kids. Not anymore. Instead, I just had more people around, which was awesome, because we finally made some progress in the potty training department. Let's just say Jimmy is for hire. He's awesome at potty training! The other issue was that the kids and I were sick for pretty much the entire time so that limited our outings as well. Blah!
These first set of pics are our visit to the Denver Zoo at night for Zoo Lights. As you can see, they created light displays of animals. We got there just before sunset and were able to see hyenas, cheetahs, and other animals (the real animals, not the lights). There were also some indoor exhibits open after dark, like the giraffes. Not to sound elitist, but after seeing amazing animals on safari the last four years, it was strange to see these animals caged up. The cheetah was pacing back and forth and it just didn't feel natural . I guess it isn't. Needless to say though, Jacob and Mia were ecstatic to see the animals and the light displays were cool. I would recommend the zoo lights for sure. Some tips, go early and dress warm. When we left at 6:30 the crowd was huge.
Jacob and Mia took gymnastics this fall, which they loved. The rec center offered a drop in gymnastic session when my parents were here so I signed up so they could see what Jacob and Mia did during their lessons. The coolest part was the foam pit. At Jacob and Mia's age, they just jump in from the side or a ladder and play in it. The best pictures of the day are of Grandpa Al in the pit.
Of course Jacob's favorite part is kicking the plastic soccer ball. Whose son is he?
For New Year's Eve the Barrett/Sweets came over and of course the kids had a blast. We love Ella (and Jon and Lisa : )

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home