The Chronicles of Jacob and Mia (and their mom and dad)

Formerly Jimmy and Melissa's New Adventures

Saturday, October 25, 2008

House Pics

I've delayed posting pics of our house for two reasons:
1. It is rarely clean enough.
2. It wasn't "done" enough.

So today, we finished our front room. By finished I mean put up pictures and arranged the furniture in a way we liked it. We've only bought stuff off craigslist or it was stuff we bought in Africa or had before we left for Africa. I pretty much refuse to buy anything new because of two grimy kids who shall remain nameless. Anyway, I am really proud of my craigslist finds and I think I have satisfied my addiction for the time being.



This set of pictures is of our guest room. The bedroom set was my Great-Great Grandmother's. When growing up, I enjoyed sleeping in the room at my grandparents' house where this furniture was. When my grandmother moved into a nursing home, I said I would love to have the set. So it sat in my parents' basement for at least 5 years (I think). This summer, my dad stripped it and I stained it. I thought my relatives might enjoy seeing these pic. The bedspread is beautifully crocheted Italian heirloom given to us as a wedding gift by Tina, a woman who used to care for my grandmother. It is a nice room waiting for guests, with a guest bathroom right outside!




And here is our playroom, clean only because the children are sleeping!




Jacob's safari bedroom. I've kept with the safari theme for Jacob. I have so much cute stuff from their room in Zambia. Right now though I can't put anything up because he messes with it! Mia thought it was pretty cute, but Jacob didn't like having her on his bed!

More pics of the house soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger adam and melissa said...

ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS! LOVE the wood floors, LOVE the window in your living room, and LOVE LOVE LOVE the guest room furniture, how special, and then you and your dad worked on it???? That is too cool. I think everything came out perfect, and that playroom is so great! I love Craiglist, it's the only way to go!

Great job guys!
xo
melissa

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home