The Chronicles of Jacob and Mia (and their mom and dad)

Formerly Jimmy and Melissa's New Adventures

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Spring is here!

After a very volatile April, it appears spring is here for good. We had tons of snow in April which alternated with 75 degree days. I have been working on the beginnings of a garden and currently have peas, asparagus, and lettuce planted outside. Inside I have tomatoes, rosemary, cilantro and basil. We had a beautiful garden in Lusaka, but I didn't have anything to do with the actual growing of it, so this is all new to me. I want Jimmy to make some raised beds for me soon.

Plants' biggest enemy: toddlers

Cilantro
Butter lettuce


My peas are growing!



We also got a swing set, which has been a great time investment for Jimmy and I. Jacob and Mia love it, especially swinging on their stomachs and going on the glider.














The following pictures are from playgroup, which we hosted yesterday.



Gotta love Jacob's tutu!

1 Comments:

Blogger woofslc said...

Fun, they look so happy! Cool swings!

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home